The Winegrowers’ Sustainable Trust: Is a voluntary group of winegrowers that have embraced a covenant with environmental, economic and social sustainability concurrent with their production of grapes and wine.
Sustainable Wine Growing: Is a holistic system of recognized cultural production methodologies that employ environmentally-friendly and socially responsible viticultural practices that respect the land, conserve natural resources, support biodiversity, exercise responsible relationships with workers, neighbors and the community and provide continuing economic and biological vineyard viability.
Mission: To develop and implement a sustainable vineyard management program, synonymous with the Walla Walla Valley, internationally recognized for its strict environmental standards and high quality farming practices.
- Attract Walla Walla Valley winegrowers dedicated to investing in sustainable viticulture and implementing these practices over the long term.
- Implement proven holistic, environmentally friendly viticultural practices that respect the land, conserve natural resources, support biodiversity and provide for the long-term vineyard viability.
- Obtain international recognition through certification with the International Organization of Biological Controls I.O.B.C.
- Produce world-class wines of distinction by further strengthening the partnership between growers, vintners and consumers.
- Enhance the image and prestige of Walla Walla Valley wine grapes, specifically those grown by members of Vinea, the Winegrowers Sustainable Trust.
- Establish Walla Walla as a leader in sustainable viticulture and generate awareness and regard for this position among Washington state vintners, growers, elected officials, the community at large, members of the trade, media and consumers.